for PhotoShop, Flash, Fireworks, HTML
Hexadecimal Color Chart
Nat'l. Renewable Energy Lab
U.S. Dept. of Energy
The Week of March 5th, 2007:
Go to my Tutorials page. Complete any of the tutorials below the HTML section on Photoshop, Flash, or Fireworks. Save the files you create to your 8th Grade Folder in your P: drive. The programs are located on your desktop, if not the programs can be found in "Start", "Programs", then look for Flash and Fireworks in the "Macromedia" section.
Tuesday and Wednesday, February 27th and 28th, 2007
We will work on our projects through class on Wednesday. Please read the instructions carefully. Please check with me regarding quizzes you may have missed or would like to retake.
Friday, February 23rd, 2007
Please see the instructions for yesterday. The quiz will be Monday.
Thursday, February 22nd, 2007
Wednesday, February 21st, 2007
- The quiz will be Friday.
- Reread sections 2 and 3 of the instructions. There are some slight changes.
- Reminder: you can use bulleted lists for the Pros and Cons pages. 5 bullet points for each page.
- Continue to research your topic, find relevant images, and begin the writing process. I suggest you begin writing in Word, then copy and paste into the project code in Notepad. SAVE EVERYTHING TO YOUR GROUP FOLDER.
Tuesday, February 20th, 2007
- Quiz Thursday.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th Periods: Begin researching your topic. Assign pages to each team member: Introduction, Pros and Cons for your topic. 2 people can work on one page. Keep your notes in a Word document and save them to your group's T drive folder. Copy and paste the web site address where you find information into the Word document as well, to keep track of your sources.
- 7th and 8th: continue your work from Tuesday.
Thursday, February 15th, 2007
- Important reminders for all periods:
- It is too early to be working on the Conclusion page. The Intro, Pros, and Cons pages should be complete or nearly complete before you can draw a conclusion.
- For all of the information in your project, you must provide a hyperlinked parenthetical citation to the source of the original information. You must keep track of where you found your sources to be able to do this!
- 4th Period- Quiz retake/Project Instructions
- 7th and 8th- Adding Content
Tuesday, February 13th, 2007
- Pds. 2&3: Template setup
- Pds. 4, 7, 8: Adding content to your project
Monday, February 12th, 2007
- Quiz 3
- 4th Period: Customize the template/create project pages
- 4, 7, 8: Adding content to your pages.
- Important reminder: You cannot have the code open for a single file on more than one machine or you risk deleting your partner's work.
Friday, February 9th, 2007
- Group Folders
- How to use the template
- How to create your website.
Thursday, February 8th, 2007
- 2nd and 3rd Period: Take home quiz 3. It is due next Thursday, 2/15.
- 2nd and 3rd Period: Attached to the quiz you will find a short homework assignment. Write the address and organization responsible for 3 websites related to your topic on the form provided. Your group will use these websites as resources for the project.
- Period 4: Quiz
- Topic choices: determine your 1, 2, and 3 choices for the project. I will do my best to get your group your 1st or 2nd choice.
- Color choices: A recorder for each group should note the font, background, link and visited link colors on the form provided for each group. Use basic_4 to see what your colors will look like together. Keep your topic in mind when choosing colors.
- Begin research: temporarily use "Favorites" for good websites. You will have a "Links" folder in your group folder to store short cuts to your resources. We are only using web-based resources.
Wednesday, February 7th, 2007
- 2nd and 3rd period: Next week's quiz will be TAKE HOME. Pick it up in class on Friday, it is due next Thursday, 2/15.
- Group assignment (please see me privately if you have a concern about your group).
- More information on the project
- More on tables
Tuesday, February 6th, 2007
Monday, February 5th, 2007
- HTML Quiz 1
- Inserting an image on your page
Friday, February 2nd, 2007
- 2nd, 3rd and 8th periods: Inserting images on your page.
- 4th period: Fonts
- 7th period: Practicing fonts and inserting images on your page.
Thursday, February 1st, 2007
- Review hyperlinks from yesterday.
- Time permitting: Images
Wednesday, January 31st, 2007
- Follow the written instructions on the handout to create basic_3.htm. Links:
- Create basic_4.htm with your own code. Use a combination of all the code we have learned so far. Don't forget the foundation tags. Have fun!
Tuesday, January 30th, 2007
- Fire Drill Information
- Quiz Dates for your agenda books: 2/5, 2/8, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27
- More HTML
- Review P: drive
- Basic HTML